Standard Operating Procedures – Writing and Implementation
Country Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
A significant Saudi Arabian hotel company with an extensive portfolio of hotels in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
The client wished to start expanding its hotel portfolio in the Kingdom and recognised the need for clearly defined and bespoke standard operating procedures. There was also the need for a training and development function to implement and support the initiative, achieving ISO 9000 compliance.
The client sought to identify a company
- Who have solid experience of writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the leisure and hospitality industry, or in a similarly complex sector.
- Who can demonstrate that the SOPs they have produced have added real value to the business (i.e. they don’t sit on a shelf, but become the way processes are consistently implemented).
- Who can demonstrate how they have worked in a diverse and complex business environment.
- Who have global experience.
- Who have experience delivering brand consistency, whilst allowing regional flexibility and the need to comply with local legislation.
- Who have experience developing, testing and refining SOPs across different markets.
Scope of Work
- We started with the assessment phase, at the end of which we delivered an agreed list of SOPs; the template of the SOPs; the final scope of the creation phase; the scope of the testing regime; and the scope of the implementation phase.
- At the end of the writing/creation phase, the client had draft SOPs written with brand standards in mind, leveraging the existing documentation and written to an agreed template.
- At the end of the testing phase, the client was confident that properly following and adhering to the new SOPs would create a positive impact on guest satisfaction and/or profitability.
- By the end of the implementation phase, we had supported the client in implementing the agreed SOPs and training manuals over an agreed time frame.
What Did Hotel Solutions Partnership Achieve for the Client?
The client has a suite of SOPs and training materials, as well as a team of appropriately trained Champions. Accordingly, the client enjoys greater clarity and efficiency of operation, increased customer and employee satisfaction, and higher profitability.